As many of our followers know, I love the Sirtfood diet. I don't use it for weight loss, but you could do. I use this approach because of how the foods make me feel - healthy and full of energy.
I make up a batch of SIRT granola every couple of weeks, just by adding yogurt and some berries it makes a very quick and easy breakfast.
This quantity makes about 750gm.
- 50g coconut oil
- 150ml clear honey
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric, (I do find this amount makes the granola taste a little powdery, I cut it right back to a teaspoonful)
- 100g oats
- 250g buckwheat flakes
- 100g walnuts, chopped
- 50g pecans, chopped
- 50g flaked almonds
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 50g cocoa nibs
- Heat your oven to 160 C or Gas 3
- Over a gentle heat melt the coconut oil and honey, then stir in the turmeric, Mix well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl then stir in the oil and honey mixture.
- Mix well so that all the dry ingredients are coated with the honey mixture.
- Transfer to a deep non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for 30-40 mins, stirring halfway through the cooking time.
- When the granola is a nice golden colour, remove from the oven and leave in the tray to cool.
- The granola will keep for up to two months if stored in an airtight container.